How to Separate the Audio and Video in DaVinci Resolve 17
Are you editing video in DaVinci Resolve? Struggling with how to separate or splitting the audio and video. 2020 is the year to forget, but there are few stuffs I did in 2020 are worth remembering. The substantial fluctuation in jobs make to start doing on my own, so I started a YouTube Channel dedicated to internet tools and tutorials.
I have been using DaVinci Resolve since 2020 and I must admit that DaVinci is a hell of software that you can use for all of your projects.
I mean all of that cover any standard of video you are making on. For your reference that the popular series ‘Game of Throne’ was made on DaVinci (of course, probably in paid version) and the DaVinci free version has so much to offer. Because of its wise offer, the biggest difficulties for the beginner is; you have too much to see, at least in my experience, when I first opened the DaVinci in my computer, it’s look like studio. Too many functions to understand, that’s very comprehensible if we expect software to do high level of video editing.
The very first issue I have when I started editing audio and video for my YouTube channel was unable to separate the video and audio from the original file. It’s very common to have some error in video or audio file, and you want to move them or separate / split and remove them from your video.
The step to separate/split the audio or video in Davinci resolve are as follows.
- Create a new project in DaVinci Resolve (if you haven’t already)
- Drag your video file to project timeline.
- Choose the Edit tab in the project timeline (if not selected by default)
- Select the video file using arrow pointer or dragging your mouse.
- Now right click the selected video file.
- Untick the link clips, this process unlink/split the audio and video from a single file.
- Click out of the video file to deselect.
- Now you should able to click and select the video and audio separately.
- Edit / remove or move the audio or video as you need.
I hope above steps answer your search for ‘how to edit/split/separate audio and video in DaVinci Resolve. If you would like to see the video for visual guidance, please see below.